Panel builders have been deployed and will be busy over the coming months completing all manner of repairs throughout Townsville and surrounding region.
All builders have committed to using a range of local tradespeople and suppliers throughout the recovery effort.
Spokesperson Ashleigh Paterson said it was important to get assessors and builders working for customers as soon as possible.
“We encourage our customers to lodge a claim as soon as possible to start the process,” Ms Paterson.
Suncorp’s Customer Support Team are available on the ground in Townsville at:
- The Townsville Stadium, Murray Lyons Cres, Annandale, 9am to 5pm daily
- Suncorp Store - Stockland Aitkenvale, Shop 130/131, 310 Ross River Road, Townsville 9am to 4.30pm (Monday to Friday)
- Suncorp Store – Willows Shopping Centre, 79A Thuringowa Drive, Townsville, 9am to 4.30pm (Monday to Friday)
Customers of Suncorp Insurance, AAMI, Apia, GIO, Shannons, Vero and Bingle can visit these teams to lodge their claim and speak face-to-face with our claims representatives.
“Customers can still lodge their claims online or by phoning our call centre on 13 25 24. You don’t need to be at home or have a copy of your policy to lodge your claim – we will have your details on file. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start the recovery process,” Ms Paterson said.
“Also, you don’t need to wait for an assessor to come to your home to begin cleaning up. If you have damaged goods or contents, please take a photo of them. If your carpet is flood damaged, rip it up and take it outside, but keep a sample. Also, make sure you keep a record of model numbers or serial numbers of items you are throwing away to help us replace them.
“Please continue to take every safety precaution as you’re inspecting any damage. Your safety must be your number-one priority.”
Tips for customers
If you have been able to safely return to your home:
- Ensure electricity and gas supplies are switched off before re-entering.
- Do your best to dry out your home or business by keeping it as ventilated as possible.
- Get wet contents out of the house and make a list of damaged items.
Prepare for your claim:
- If you have damaged goods or contents, take a photo of them.
- Feel free to throw away all spoiled food in your refrigerator – do not wait for an assessor to come to your home. Take a picture.
- If your carpet is flood damaged, please rip it up and take it outside, but please keep a sample to help us replace it.
- Keep a record of model numbers or serial numbers of items you are throwing away to help us replace them.
Suncorp bank customers affected by the floods can also access our financial relief package by calling 13 11 55 or can visit www.suncorp.com.au:
- An opportunity to defer scheduled loan repayments (including interest only) on a case-by-case basis.
- Existing loan rearranging (for example, principal and interest to interest only) with the waiver of establishment fees.
- Waive early withdrawal fees for customers wishing to withdraw from term deposits and/or Farm Management Deposits.
- Refund of merchant rental fees for a period.
- Credit card repayment relief where necessary.
- Increasing emergency credit card limits.
- Working capital assistance.
- No interest rate increases.