Suncorp’s local tradies are on the ground assisting customers as the clean up begins following ex-TC Jasper.
Suncorp Group has received around 900 claims including more than 650 for homes since Sunday 10 December.
Suncorp Group’s Executive General Manager of Home Claims Customers, Alli Smith said hazardous and challenging conditions are still being experienced on the ground.
“We already have our local tradies on the ground stripping out damaged homes and helping make emergency repairs, and our Customer Support Teams, assessors and additional builders are ready for deployment once safe,” Mrs Smith said.
“In the meantime, our claims contact centres are available 24/ 7 to help impacted customers to lodge claims, arrange emergency repairs, organise temporary accommodation for customers with severe damage to their homes and can provide cash payments to make emergency purchases.
“Our claims teams are also making proactive welfare calls, sending emails and SMSs with information on the claims process. We are also warning customers of scams that can often happen after severe weather events.”
Suncorp Bank’s Cairns Central, Smithfield and Innisfail branches are open, and employees can support customers to lodge insurance claims.
Additionally, Suncorp Bank has activated its disaster relief package for personal and business customers impacted by current weather events. Affected customers can contact the bank on 13 11 55 to discuss options available to them.
#What to do if your home has been impacted by flooding:
- Lodge your claim online for any of our brands including Suncorp Insurance, AAMI and Apia. You don’t need a copy of your policy – we will have your details. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start the recovery process.
- Customers who can safely access their home and identify damage don’t need to wait for an assessor to come to your home to begin cleaning up.
- If you have damaged goods or contents, make a list and take photos of them.
- Keep a record of model or serial numbers of items you are throwing away to help replace them.
- Keep your home as ventilated as possible.
- Remove wet contents (carpets, curtains etc) but take photos.