Suncorp ready to respond to Cyclone Kirrily impacts while continuing to manage FNQ and SEQ claims
Suncorp Group is reassuring its regional Queensland customers in Cyclone Kirrily’s path that dedicated teams are ready to support, while teams continue to progress customer claims in Far North Queensland impacted by ex-TC Jasper.
Lisa Harrison, CEO Consumer Insurance, Suncorp Group said while the insurer’s teams were preparing to respond, the most important thing Queenslanders in the warning zones could do right now was to stay safe, get prepared and follow the directions of emergency services.
“Weather events can be life threatening which we’ve tragically already seen this disaster season, so please, continue to listen to the authorities and make sure you have your emergency plans in place,” Ms Harrison said.
“As we saw with Jasper, the severity of the system was realised after the event due to the heavy rainfall and flooding which caused significant damage, and it’s possible this could also be the case with Cyclone Kirrily.
“We are closely monitoring the situation and have teams right across the country on standby to respond. Once it is safe to do so we will be on the ground to support our customers.”
Ms Harrison said Suncorp’s Customer Support Teams would be on hand to support face-to-face and can arrange emergency repairs, organise temporary accommodation for customers with severe damage to their homes and can provide support to make emergency purchases.
“Like we were in Far North Queensland following Cyclone Jasper and South East Queensland following the Christmas storms, we will be there,” she said.
For preparation tips:
- Get Ready Queensland: Home | Get Ready Queensland
- Suncorp’s Cyclone Preparation Tips: How To Prepare For A Storm: Cyclone Checklist | Suncorp
Following the event:
- Visit Cyclone Support | Suncorp for information on how to lodge a claim, how we can help and what you can do to clean up.
- Impacted customers can easily lodge their claims online for any of our insurance brands, including Suncorp Insurance, AAMI, Apia and Shannons. You don’t need to be at home or have a copy of your policy to lodge your claim – we will have your details. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start the recovery process.
- If your home is damaged and you can safely access, you don’t need to wait for an insurance assessor to come to begin cleaning up.
- Keep your home as ventilated as possible.
- Remove wet contents (carpets, curtains etc) but take photos.
- Make a list and take photos of damaged items, including model numbers, to help us replace them.
Additionally, Suncorp Bank is here to support any customer impacted by the current weather events. Affected customers are urged to first prioritise their safety, and to contact Suncorp Bank on 13 11 55 to discuss support options available to them.