Suncorp Bank activates relief package for customers affected by mice plague
Suncorp Bank has welcomed this week’s decision by the New South Wales Government to extend its natural disaster funding to support regions affected by the mice plague.
Effective immediately, Suncorp Bank is offering the following relief assistance options to impacted customers and business customers in Southern Queensland and New South Wales:
- Opportunity to defer scheduled loan repayments (including interest only) on a case-by-case basis
- Existing loan restructuring (for example, principal and interest to interest only) with the waiver of establishment fees
- Waiver of early withdrawal fees for customers wishing to withdraw from term deposits and/or Farm Management Deposits
- Working capital assistance
Suncorp Executive General Manager Business Banking Glenn Haslam said: “We understand this is a difficult time for our customers and we want customers in these affected communities to know assistance is available and that we are here, ready to support them.”
“We’re aware this mice plague is having a heightened impact on farmers and producers in these regions, who are already facing increased operating costs as they emerge from the drought.”
“These regions and customers are at the very heart of Suncorp’s agribusiness and our number one priority is the safety and wellbeing of our customers and their businesses,” Mr Haslam said.
The disaster relief package is available to customers in the following locations:
- Darling Downs – Maranoa
- Far West and Orana
- New England and North West
- Central West
Impacted customers are encouraged to contact Suncorp on 13 11 55 or get in touch with their relationship manager to understand how Suncorp can help.
For more information contact: Media@suncorp.com.au
Erin Price, 0433 504 826