The insurer has received more than 15,000 claims over the last week, with more than 12,000 of these claims in south-east Queensland.
The teams of claim specialists are available to help customers at the Gympie Civic Centre, Caboolture Hub (Learning & Business Centre) and the Redcliffe Show Grounds. Customers of Suncorp Insurance, AAMI, Apia, GIO and Shannons can visit the team to lodge their claim face-to-face and access support.
Suncorp’s Head of Disaster Response Cath Stewart said the Customer Support Teams can help customers in the affected areas to lodge their claim and understand the claims process. “Our teams can arrange emergency repairs, organise temporary accommodation for customers whose homes.
Our teams can arrange emergency repairs, organise temporary accommodation for customers whose homes have been severely damaged and provide cash payments to make emergency purchases.Suncorp Head of Disaster Response, Cath Stewart
“Customers can lodge their claims online. You don’t need to be at home or have a copy of your policy to lodge your claim – we will have your details. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start the recovery process," said Ms Stewart.
Our assessors are also ramping up on the ground inspections and are contacting customers to arrange a time to visit their home.Suncorp Head of Disaster Response, Cath Stewart
“Customers don’t need to wait for an assessor to come to your home to begin cleaning up. If you have damaged goods or contents, please take photos of them. If your carpet is damaged, rip it up and take it outside. Also, keep a record of model numbers or serial numbers of items you are throwing away to help us replace them.”
#Customer Support Team locations
- Gympie Civic Centre, 32/34 Mellor Street Gympie QLD on Thursday 3 March, 2pm - 5pm & Friday 4 to Monday 7 March, 9am - 5pm
- Caboolture Hub (Learning & Business Centre, upstairs) 4 Hasking Street Caboolture QLD, on Thursday 3 & Friday 4 March, 9am to 5pm
- Redcliffe Show Grounds, Webb Hall, 11 Scarborough Rd, Redcliffe QLD on Friday 4 March 9am to 5pm
#Tips for clean up
- Keep homes as ventilated as possible
- Remove wet contents (carpets, curtains etc) but take photos
- Make a list and take photos of damaged items to help us replace them
- Remember not everything has to be thrown away – some items can be washed off, disinfected and kept