Suncorp ready to support bushfire-affected customers
Suncorp Group has mobilised its team and is ready to assist customers impacted by the catastrophic fires across New South Wales and Queensland.
The national insurer is urging customers of all its brands, Suncorp, AAMI, Apia, GIO and Shannons, to take care, listen to the emergency authorities, and to lodge their claim as soon as it is safe to do so.
Suncorp Group CEO Steve Johnston said our thoughts are with the families and communities who are faced with this natural disaster.
“We appreciate the emotional toll this will have on many Australians and we know it will be a long journey to recovery. Our customers can be assured that we’re committed to their recovery and we will be with them every step of the way,” Mr Johnston said.
“I would also like to extend my deepest appreciation and thanks to the emergency authorities and volunteers for your heroic efforts as you continue to protect our communities.”
Mr Johnston said a financial relief package is also available for our impacted Suncorp Bank customers, which offers flexible finance options during times of hardship due to extreme weather events, including these severe bushfires.
Tips for all Insurance customers
- Suncorp Insurance customers can also lodge their claim online at www.suncorp.com.au or call 13 25 24, as well as contacting any Suncorp brand including AAMI, GIO, Apia, and Shannons.
- Property owners don’t need to have a policy number to lodge their claim – we have all your details on file.
- If you have been able to safely return home, ensure electricity and gas supplies are switched off, do not eat food which has not been refrigerated and wipe down white-goods to avoid further smoke-damage.
To prepare your claim:
- If you have damaged goods or contents, take of photo of them if possible.
- Ensure spoiled food in your refrigerator is thrown away.
- If possible, keep a record of model numbers or serials numbers of items you are throwing away to help us replace them.
Tips for Suncorp Bank customers
Effective immediately, Suncorp Bank is offering the following relief assistance options to impacted customers:
- An opportunity to defer scheduled loan repayments (including interest only) on a case-by-case basis.
- Existing loan rearranging (for example, principal and interest to interest only) with the waiver of establishment fees.
- Waive early withdrawal fees for customers wishing to withdraw from term deposits and/or Farm Management Deposits.
- Credit card repayment relief where necessary.
- Increasing emergency credit card limits.
- Working capital assistance.
- No interest rate increases.
Suncorp Bank customers seeking financial assistance are encouraged to call 13 11 55 or get in touch with their relationship manager.
Read more about our recent donation to strenghten bushfire communications and readiness here.