Our vision is for All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to be empowered to participate in the economy, be included in the financial system and have the means to build financial, social and natural hazard resilience for themselves, their family and their community.
Suncorp launched its Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) during NAIDOC Week 2020.
Suncorp has made solid progress since the launch of our Reflect RAP in May 2018.
- We have embedded our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Handbook for all employees to use as a reference guide and launched an online introductory cultural awareness learning pack.
- Each year, we have observed National Reconciliation Week and NAIDOC Week with many of our people participating in events across Australia.
- More than 2,000 employees have also engaged in cultural awareness and capability building opportunities including cultural walking tours, workshops, morning teas, performances, markets, career expos and immersion experiences.
- We have strengthened our employment pathways and support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates through CareerTrackers and other recruitment agencies.
- Our Supplier Code of Practice reinforces our commitment to diversity and we continue to work with Supply Nation to improve our sourcing processes and engagement with Indigenous businesses.
#Our community partners
First Nations Foundation
Through the partnership with First Nations Foundation, we aim to deliver financial capability programs and education resources designed by and for First Nations people, community outreach events, and financial cultural capability training for Suncorp employees.
First Hand Solutions Aboriginal Corporation
First Hand Solutions identify and implement hands-on solutions to issues faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and remove barriers to participation. Through the partnership, Suncorp will sponsor the Blak Markets to give First Nations business owners a platform to showcase their products and services. The partnership will also support professional development for business owners and employment pathways for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Firesticks Alliance Indigenous Corporation
Suncorp established a partnership with Firesticks to increase economic participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and build the natural hazard resilience of communities in bushfire-prone areas.
Firesticks aims to empower Aboriginal peoples to reinvigorate cultural burning practices and work collectively with communities to build resilient landscapes and reduce the risk of bushfires.
Through the partnership, Suncorp will support Firesticks to develop and implement a nationally recognised certification which will provide Aboriginal peoples with learning and employment pathways in fire and land management.