Suncorp has clear processes to support customers when there is a concern or complaint, in compliance with guidelines and response timeframes mandated by Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) and the General Insurance, Life Insurance and Banking Codes of Practice. All customer-facing teams complete mandatory complaints handling and dispute resolution training annually.
We know we don't always get things right and there is always room to improve. Even with over 90 per cent of complaints received by our frontline teams being resolved within five business days, we are determined to continue to improve and focus on faster resolution. We have introduced programs to gain deeper insights into customer experiences, identify and fix issues before they escalate, and build a culture where complaints are viewed as an opportunity to learn and improve.
These include our:
- One Suncorp Customer Feedback program to help recognise, acknowledge, resolve, manage and capture customer feedback, complaints and compliments
- Training for our front-line teams to handle sensitive conversations with customers in challenging situations, particularly when customers are experiencing hardship
- Pain Points Program to help us understand and address the root cause of customer complaints, identify recurring themes and then make improvements to prevent a recurrence
- Concierge Pathways to prioritise complaints for vulnerable customers and improve referral pathways for those in difficult situations
- Accelerating Change Forums with Suncorp executives to hear directly from customer-facing teams on common customer, process, training or system issues.
If a customer is not satisfied with the outcome offered by our Customer Relations team, they can have it reviewed by Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner in Australia, and the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) in New Zealand free of charge.