In response to growing customer expectations and a changing regulatory environment, we are sharpening our focus and strengthening our approach to data governance.
Suncorp’s Data Governance Framework defines the key principles, capabilities and processes for governing critical data, including:
- Standards and Guidelines for enforcing data management under the Data Governance Framework
- organisation accountabilities for clear ownership of data management practices
- processes outlining how data is created, modified and maintained
- tools and technology that enable adherence to recommended standards
- governance controls that identify priorities, measure progress and determine the effectiveness of governance activity.
We are investing to uplift our data governance capabilities through a dedicated program of work.
#Digitisation & Cyber Crime
Our customers increasingly interact with us through digital channels, including mobile and internet banking. Suncorp has an ongoing program to invest in new technologies to protect our customers from potential threats in this evolving
Our dedicated Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorism Financing capability leverages world class detection and prevention technologies. We continue to evolve our capabilities to safeguard our customers from cyber crime.
Over the past year we have introduced interactive alerting that enables us to contact customers in real time if we identify a suspicious transaction. We also leverage advanced data analytics techniques and fraud detection technology to ensure we can intervene early and disrupt criminal activity before it impacts our customers.
Cyber crimes can have wide-ranging impacts and we support law enforcement and intelligence agencies to help address these crimes. We also have programs in place to educate our customers on cyber security risks and work with community groups to support customers impacted by financial crimes and scams.